Raise your hand if you love money. We’re going to assume everyone reading this just raised their hand, or at least did so in their mind.
Did you know that regular AC maintenance will allow your system work at peak efficiency year in and year out? And yep, you guessed it, that saves you money in lower utility costs. A regularly maintained system will experience considerably fewer breakdowns. This reduces the need for and cost of unnecessary repairs. Ahhhhh, the wonders of finding new ways to save money.
Ironically, some homeowners don’t opt for regular AC maintenance to cut costs. In the long run, they will likely pay more for repair. Here’s why:
- Your heating and cooling system becomes less efficient and reliable. It accumulates dust and dirt throughout the year. More dirt + more dust = more dough that YOU will be spending on increased utility and repair bills. Here’s a shocker – as much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling, so you can see why regular AC maintenance is so important.
- Part of maintenance is cleaning the blower components. This helps ensure better airflow, which again, equals better efficiency.
- If the unit isn’t running properly, it will eventually start overworking itself. This means inconsistent air temperatures and reduced comfort – and as a Floridian, you know we don’t play when it comes to our AC.
- Most manufacturers require routine maintenance to validate the warranty. Without regular maintenance, you may be invalidating your warranty.
- When it’s properly maintained, you can add several years (3-5 years in some cases) to the life of your heating and air conditioning system, adding years of efficient use.
So there you have it. Regular AC maintenance is needed. We may be biased, but after reading those bullet points, we certainly think so. If you do as well, call us at (813) 428-6086 to schedule a maintenance checkup.